Wow! I am so lucky to have been nominated for a Liebster Award by Tanya at Yarnya. THANK YOU!
A Liebster Award (Google it to find out more) is an award for new bloggers (with less than 200 followers), as a way to get to know each other and introduce some fresh and exciting blogs,
Here’s how it works:
- Make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you.
Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post too.
- Nominate 5 -10 other bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award. Let them know they have been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can also nominate the person who nominated you.
- Ensure all of these bloggers have fewer than 200 followers.
- Answer the eleven questions asked to you by the person who nominated you, and make eleven questions of your own for your nominees or you may use the same questions.
- Lastly, COPY these rules in your post.
Here’s who I’m nominating:
These were the 11 questions I had to answer:
1. What’s the origin of your blog name?
Buttercup and Bee because I love nature and take a lot of inspiration from it. And it makes me smile.
2. What’s your craft of choice?
Crochet every time. I also make silver jewellery. I keep trying to sew and knit but never seem to get beyond the basics!
3. If you could have any craft item in the world (yarn, storage, accessory, etc) what would it be?
Give me brightly coloured cotton yarn (and a crochet hook) and I am happy.
4. What are your favourite colours to work with?
Rainbow or cottage garden palettes.
5. What is your favourite way to relax other than crafting?
I love reading. I am an Agatha Christie nut!
6. If you had a superpower, which one would it be?
Good question. Something that enabled me to complete more of my ‘to do’ list, it just keeps growing!
7.What is the favourite project you have completed?
Oh that’s difficult. I think it would have to be my first crochet piece which was a blanket for one of my boys. I was hooked from that point on.
8. Where would your ideal holiday be?
I have never been to Mexico and have always wanted to go for the crafts and the food. Yum.
9. What TV show would you recommend as a must watch?
Not really a must watch but I am currently enjoying Bear Grylls Born Survivor. It certainly helps that he is so easy on the eye.
10. What was your worst crafting disaster?
Anything to do with quilting always ends in a disaster for me.
11. Do you have pets? If so, please post a photo! If not, what pet would you like to have if time, money, allergies didn’t come into play?
We have a Leopard Ghecko called Izzie (sorry, no photo as she is incredibly shy). We used to have a snake but then the nightmares began and it had to go!
Right, here are my 11 questions…
- What do you do to relax and wind down?
- Do you collect anything? If so, what?
- Where would you most like to travel to?
- What is your favourite meal to cook?
- Name the last book you read. Was it any good?
- What is your favourite crafting project to date?
- What was your worst crafting disaster?
- What would you most like to learn?
- Name a person that has inspired you in your life.
- Where do you take inspiration from for your crafting?
- Describe yourself in 3 words.