When we moved into our new home, just over a month ago, the very first thing I wanted to do was to crochet something for the house. I have been collecting vintage crochet and knitting patterns from garage sales and thrift shops, along with crochet cotton so a doily seemed a good start.
This doily pattern book is dated 1945 and is full of beautiful, finely detailed doilies.
Here is the pattern I chose, the cotton (this is what I had left) and the hook (old size 10 or 1.25mm).
And here is the completed doily.
I didn’t want to play ‘yarn chicken’ on the last round so stopped one row before the end. The whole thing only took a few hours to make and was a fun project. Blocking took a while, trying to avoid any pointy bits.
Oops, I can see a pointy bit, ignore that part 😉